MELT Property are seeking an individual to assist with the management of our existing rental portfolio, holiday-let properties and development sites.
The successful candidate will act as an assistant to our Gloucestershire based Commercial Manager, taking responsibility for the day to day management of our rental and holiday-let properties. The role will also include assistance with the management of our property development projects in Gloucestershire and surrounding regions.
The role requires an ability to deal with people from all walks of life including tradespeople, tenants, property professionals, solicitors and director-level management. It would suit an entrepreneurial lettings manager who wishes to move into a role that allows for career progression.
The location of the role is flexible. It would ideally be suited to someone who lives in the Forest of Dean and is happy to work from home. Travel will be required to our properties and sites in and around Gloucestershire. It is therefore essential that candidates possess their own reliable and presentable vehicle and are prepared to use it on company business.
You may at times need to spend time working in other parts of the UK to meet the requirements of the role and overnight stays away from home may occasionally be needed.
Hours of work are 8:30am to 5:30pm Tuesday to Saturday, although some flexibility in working hours and days will be required. Evening and weekend work will also sometimes be required in order to accommodate tenant viewings, deal with urgent out-of-hours problems, or complete time-critical tasks.
Candidates will also need to be prepared to deal with urgent issues via email or phone calls outside of working hours. We expect candidates to be willing to go the extra mile in order to get the job done.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good organisation skills and timekeeping, as well as a keen eye for detail
- Maturity and a strong work ethic.
- The confidence and ability to work alone, as well as within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for property and a good knowledge of the local area
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- An understanding of UK property law relating to tenancy agreements
- Some experience of construction or property development
- Some DIY skills are desirable
- Ideally, you will be a university graduate
At MELT Property, we are proud to encourage entrepreneurship. We are therefore open to applications from individuals who wish to work on a self-employed basis.
OTE of £20-24,000 depending on skills and experience (Basic salary of £20-22,000 plus bonus).
For more information email Jobs@MeltHomes.co.uk